1) Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
Parfaits are super great because you can put practically anything in them that you have and there are many lovely variations to try.
My personal favorite combo:
~Chobani Plain/Non-fat Greek Yogurt (or other low-fat/non-fat yogurt)
~Blueberries (full of antioxidants!)
~Granola
~Small chunks of dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao).
This one is so versatile that you could switch out the blueberries for whichever fruit you wanted!
2) Frozen Chocolate-Dipped Bananas
Let me just say that I am not usually a big fan of bananas, I only buy them because they are super good for you and packed full of awesome nutrients. That being said, I've found that this is a good way to make them taste absolutely scrumptious!
Ingredients:
~Bananas (or other fruit of your choice)
~Chocolate (I usually go with some good quality dark at least 70% cacao)
~Nuts, Sprinkles or other toppings (optional)
Break chocolate up into chunks and put in a microwave-safe container. Microwave in 30 second increments and stir in between. Finish heating when almost all the chocolate is melted, but not all the way, then stir. Now work quickly and dunk half the banana in the chocolate. If desired, then roll in nuts or sprinkles. Place into the freezer for about 30-45 minutes or until banana is frozen through...then enjoy! You can do this to a bunch of other fruits if you want to as well!
4) Frozen Grapes
Ingredients:
~Grapes
This one is so easy it's not even funny. Simply take as many grapes as you would like, put them in a freezer-safe container and wait until frozen through. Yes, it IS that simple. They taste like little mini slushies and are completely guilt-free (plus they help lower cholesterol!).
5) Cranberry-Chocolate Nut Bites.
Ingredients:
~Chocolate
~Your choice of nuts and dried berries (I like almonds, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries or craisins)
This one is relatively simple as well and highly versatile too! Melt some chocolate of your choice as in the recipe for the frozen bananas. Lay out some parchment or wax paper. Put a small dollop of the chocolate down on the paper, then quickly place desired nuts and berries on top of the chocolate layer. Finish off by covering the nuts and berries with another small dollop of the chocolate. Repeat this process for however many you would like to make. Wait for them to dry.....and YUM!
That's all I've got for now! I hope this helps you enjoy dessert in a somewhat healthier manner!
Now, Watch Emma Skate....And Make Healthy Desserts!
No comments:
Post a Comment