Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Trip Back Home

I recently took a trip back home to see my family and to see my old league. It's was interesting to see how much had changed with my old league and my derby friends in the short time that I was gone. It was great to be back! Being able to skate with the friends that I missed, going out for food afterwards, catching a men's roller derby bout that happened be going on, and getting caught up on all the derby news I'd missed. I was very happy to be back but also a little sad too, knowing that I'd have to leave them again soon. Accepting that that chapter of my life is over for now is a little hard for me to accept, but I know that when I leave, I have another have an awesome league waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment