Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Long Absence and Contact-Eligible(Finally!)

Hey, everyone! Sorry it's been so long since my last post! Things have just been so busy lately. Also, derby had to take a bit of a back seat this past semester I had a class smack dab in the middle of one of our practices.  (The professor wasn't sympathetic to my derby plight). I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I assessed into level two and can actually hit people now! Woot! That in and of itself is very exciting but also very intimidating, especially when I miss practice on a weekly basis (we have two per week). It often leaves me feeling clueless and behind during drills and "scrimmages" because I've missed so much and had so much less practice time than everyone else. It goes back to not trying to compare myself to others but it's really really really (really) hard! Sometimes I leave practice feeling so blue because I don't feel like I understood half of what was going on. I realize it takes time but it's a weird and uncomfortable feeling to be so out of my element, I am so used to not stinking quite so badly at things. I try to chin up and I'm sure it'll get better once I figure out what's going on. I'm also currently not skating as a teammate fell on me last week at practice and tweaked my leg in a funny way. Or should I say teammates fell on me. I don't know why so many people fall on top of me. Is it just part of the sport or do I have a target on back because I'm a pipsqueak? Either way I'm resting my leg this week as I aggravated it by skating on it too soon a couple of days ago. It's torture having to wait so skate and I am incredibly thankful that it's just sore and not anything more serious. But I can't wait to get back to skating, especially since school's out for the summer and I'll hopefully have some time to skate after work!
Love to you all,
XOXOXOXO Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment